Booking.com

It's not as easy as it looks...

It's been over 2 years since my last blog; I request that this blog be read with an open mind. 
If you know that you are not at the time in your life where you are open minded, I would say that this blog may not be for you. 


I'm only giving you my story, my words and my vision; take it with a pinch of salt, a slice of lime and a shot of tequila. 

It's really not as easy as it looks, it's even easier! 

You didn't expect that, did you! I suppose it's because you had a moment of affirmation, that you were right! "I knew it couldn't be easy". "She's failed". Sorry, I'm afraid not. 

As adults we over complicate most things, because the idea that anything could be as easy as that, (whatever 'that' represents) is impossible. But why? We all have an answer or excuse for it all. It's either this or that, right or wrong, yay or nay etc... Would it be fair to say it's fear and innocent ignorance? Fear of being right or wrong, accepted of rejected, successful or unsuccessful? Whatever our issue is, we have the easier option, we just don't always choose it; for whatever reason that may be. 
The reason why, can only be answered by us. Do you want to be your ideal weight? Do you want to be financially free? Do you want to have more time? If the answer to your question is Yes, your only question is what am I doing to achieve it? Remember, you can lie to others, but not yourself. You have to live with you, no one else.

Those of you who have read my previous post will remember that we had just lost my uncle and we had welcomed an new addition to the family, my beautiful niece. All whilst having come off TR90. Well where am I, 2 years down the line? Where has TR90 taken my life?
Although there are many products that I love, this really is one that to this very day, impacts my life; I really do believe that if it wasn't for this experience, I wouldn't be the person I am today. With the education that I got whilst on the program I was better able to understand food and nutrition and for the first time in my life, I was, have been and am able to apply these key lessons anywhere I go.
In July 2014, I was at a turning point, lots of things were happening and it was time for some changes. It was 4th July, and I had picked up my brand new car! I Bought myself a car! Whilst to most of you that won't mean much, to those who know me, know that it was a big deal, I was finally going to be able to be comfortable in my journeys. 2 days later, Sunday 6th July, I woke up and decided that I didn't want to smoke any more, after smoking for 13 years (all of my adult life, to this point) I just didn't want it! Enough was enough! 

My boyfriend looked at me and said, "...Really, just like that you're going to quit! Don't you think you should pace yourself.." 
My immediate response was Yes! I can do this; lets go and get a Shisha pen, but this is it, I'm done! Later that day, I finished the last cigarette I had and then went onto the shisha pen. After 10 days, I realised that I hadn't use the shisha pen for a couple of days now, but I decided not to tell anyone, just in case I cracked!
A few weeks later, I was re-listening to 
the audio book The Slight Edge and it clicked! Something must have seeped it's way into my brain; a few weeks before I quit, I had listened to this book a few times on repeat and gathered, my brain was able to contextualise this and put it into action. Well, almost 2 years later, I still haven't touched either, and whilst I am not claiming TR90 helped me quit smoking, I am pretty sure that it was because of what I learnt on the program, and listening to this book that helped me to make that transition. 

Little things, make a big difference: the key to achieving your goals, whether they are in health & fitness, weight, money, business, success, relationships is one thing! Consistency! Make sure that every single day, you are taking action on one of these areas in your life, if not all!

I know that for me personally, for years, the only thing I was really consistent at was smoking and working! I could smoke a packet of cigarettes and work really hard. It wasn't until recently when I had been spending sometime looking back on the last 10 years assessing what I had done, that I realised. I have always worked hard. In my early 20's I held down 3 jobs, working 20 hours a day. I soon came to realise that I wanted to leverage my time and earn more money. So I became an IT Trainer, which I absolutely loved and my students over the years have taught me so much! I earned a good amount of money and opened up my own business. I soon came to discover the obstacles of having your own business and decided that I wanted more time, so that when the time came for me to be a mum, that I wouldn't have to worry about handing my children over to someone else to raise them, whilst I was working to cover the costs. So I worked even hard in my mid-late 20's so that I could be in a position to make that dream become a reality! Knowing that I had one of the most powerful tools by side, I knew that my dreams were achievable. Having just stepped into my 30's, this chapter has begun with magic surrounding it! 

In a blog that will soon follow I will tell you more.

To end today's post, I want to share something with you all: Life is not easy, in the same light that it is not hard! 
There are many things that have happened in my life, that over the next few years I will share with you; but the truth of it is, that it's not about what has happened, it's about how you handle it! Life will always treat you the way you treat it. I know that if you have read this far, I am able to help you and in my life, I know the truth of it is, that's what I am here to do and it would be disrespectful to my purpose to share this with you all. 

I am not interested in changing anyone, I don't have the time for it, nor will I invest in someone who doesn't want to invest in themselves. BUT, if you are or know of someone who is, serious about making changes in your/their life, so that you can live the life that you know is possible to live, then please feel free to contact me. Whether you are overweight, underweight, not achieving your true success, want more from life, want to make a difference in the world, I am here for you! 


Comments